October 17, 2012

Job Interviews

So I guess I have another update.  Whoah, two in one quarter?  Yeah, both my readers are so lucky.  Seriously.

So if you look down 2 posts, you'll see my post about quitting my job.  Since then, I have been jobless, and only pretty recently, moneyless.  My nest egg has run out and it's really time I should get a job.  Here's the thing, though, I've been applying for jobs during this ~3 month break, and nothing has come from it.  Until this week.

I got a call from one company, I put in an application there like 2 months ago and they are just now calling me about it.. so I had an interview today, and I felt like it went pretty well.  I was the first out of "a few" people they were going to interview, so I still don't know the final word on that one.  Also yesterday I had a phone interview with another company I applied for, and will probably go in for a personal interview later this week or early next week (fingers crossed), and I also received an email from a friend who mentioned a friend of hers was looking for someone to work for them, and they only worked through referrals.

So in a matter of 1 week I get 3 potential jobs, when for the past 3 months I've heard nothing.  I can't help but wonder why this happens..  maybe it's supposed to be some grand lesson about how I need to be more decisive..  In any case, the hope is that I will have a job soon and no longer be moneyless.  Depending on which job I land, too, I might even be able to afford to move out of my parent's house.  I know, right, how pathetic am I?  Well, I really appreciate the free rent while I'm going to school, I hope my parents know that...  but there ought to be a point where I should leave, dontcha think?

Yeah, me too.

1 comment:

  1. What type of job are you looking for? If any of those don't work out, the company I work for is pretty much always hiring for various positions. Feel free to check it out at www.dialogue-marketing.com If you find anything that you're interested in, just let me know & I can have recruiting call you & set up an interview real quick.

    ReplyDelete